The Pill: Are You Sure It’s For You?
By Jane Bennett and Alexandra Pope
Full of real women’s stories and carefully researched information, the authors offer women the means to true informed choice about contraception, including the Pill, implants, injections, patches, vaginal rings and IUDs, as well as barrier and fertility awareness methods.
In The Pill you‘ll read about:
- side effects such as depression and mood disorders, loss of libido, headaches and migraine, weight gain, increased risk of breast cancer and brittle bones
- alternatives to chemical contraception that don’t harm your health or fertility
- natural ways to heal menstrual problems rather than masking these with the Pill
- the fallout of the Pill in relationships (and the health of future children) and conversely how the menstrual cycle can be an ally to deepen your connection and sexual intimacy
- the radical idea that having a menstrual cycle is really cool and can even be empowering, and, once experienced in this way is something you wouldn’t dream of eliminating with synthetic hormones.